GenLink™ Cargo - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How can GenLink™ Cargo help me in managing my business?
Improve efficiency. Improve productivity. Improve use of resources.
2. How GenLink™ Cargo will benefit you?
3. Do I need to pay for GenLink™ Cargo?
GenLink™ Cargo is FREE OF CHARGE. You don't need additional software or pay any set-up or exit fee. There is no transaction cost either.
4. What special training do I need to use GenLink™ Cargo?
You don't need any special skills. All you need is basic Internet browsing knowledge. MSIG will provide you with all the guidance you need.
5. What are the services/features available in GenLink™ Cargo?
6. What do I need to get started on GenLink™ Cargo?
We recommend the following minimum requirements or a similarly configured machine:
Click here to download a Mozilla FireFox browser.
Click here to download Microsoft Edge.
Click here to download Acrobat Reader.
7. How can I subscribe to GenLink™ Cargo?
Just contact any of MSIG's representatives.
8. If I need assistance, how can I contact MSIG?
For technical problems, you can contact us by sending your message via 'Email Us' on the Login screen, or call Helpdesk @ 1-800-88-1789.
9. If I forget my User ID/Password, how can I contact MSIG?
GenLink™ Cargo system has a feature known as "auto re-set password" for users who have forgotten their user ID or password. Users are taught on how to activate this feature by our GenLink Branch support on their first sign-on.
10. What is encryption? How is encryption used to protect my information?
Encryption is a method of scrambling your information to protect its security during transmission across the Internet. Encryption transforms data into an unreadable form, and decryption reverses that process. Both encryption and decryption require the use of a special code, usually referred to as a key. The encryption of data provides a strong degree of protection against tampering while data is moving through the Internet. Encryption protects your information against disclosure to third parties. Our Website employs the 2048-bit VeriSign Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technologies. All confidential online sessions between you and MSIG are protected up to a 2048-bit encryption level.
11. What is an auto time-out?
An auto time-out occurs when the system is left idle for 15 minutes. A message is displayed on screen to notify you of the auto log-out and require the user to re log-in. Information keyed in in an incomplete transaction will be lost once the auto time-out occurs and the user requires to key in again.